Ahoy, me Mateys! (that be ye, me Grandpersons)
Well today in "Pirate Class" we talked about the difference between real pirates in history and movie actors pretending to be pirates. I learned about some real pirates off the coast of Somolia! My friend Ms. Grant told me about them and I looked them up on the internet. (That country is off the east coast of Africa). Google "Somolian Pirates" and you can read about them.
But, as I was driving home I thought of another kind of pirate, the one that slips in and steals a place in your mind. No, I'm not crazy, let me explain. Grandpa and I watch certain shows on tv every week, and some of these involve solving crimes using a crime lab. Grandpa helps out with dead bodies at a mortuary, so he finds all this very interesting. (Sometimes Grandma doesn't look...) We were watching one of our favorite shows last night that we had DVR'ed. But, it kept getting more and more vulger (you might have to look that word up) until Grandpa finally turned it off. I've been thinking lately that I would like to stop some of my tv watching and find other things to do. That show last night certainly opened up another hour! I won't watch it anymore. Isn't it interesting how Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I pray to be aware of more time to read my scriptures and work around the house, and suddenly there are two more free hours each week to do these things! (I quit another show last week.)
What do you like to watch on tv?
What sort of things do you enjoy at home? I know some of you are in after school sports.
Thanks for be such great persons. I love you all! I'll write more soon.
Meanwhile, Don't get attacked by any pirates! If you see any, just say, "ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!" in a very mean voice and turn your back on them.
Hugs,
Grandma-marymom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are very right about all the spiritual "pirates" out there. I think that did a great job comparing the evils that are out there in a way kids will understand. You are amazing and I am honored to have you for a mother!
Oh, hugshugshugshugs!
And ye be an amazin' daughter.
Happy Birthday, Princess Karalynne!
( Tell me if I spelled that wrong, me beauty!) Grandma
Post a Comment