We decorated the Christmas tree tonight! Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't do this for ourselves. We invited Aunt Caty, Uncle Mike, and your Johnson cousins over for beanie weenies and decorating. Benjamin cut up the hot dogs with his little table knife. When they didn't come out quite right (skin hanging over) he carefully bit off the access. Grandma didn't say a word. Grandmas can do that, you know. Our tree is very tall (after Uncle Chuck has put it together) and the lights are already there. We dug out boxes of decorations, Benjamin and McKayla donned their reindeer antlers, and we began to decorate. Chuck dug deeply into his closet and pulled out a large tub with our presepe in it. B and M ditched the tree and carefully put the figures in it. When it was time to put the angel on top of the tree, Uncle Chuck got out our step ladder, climbed up, and took M from Daddy and the angel from B who was held up by Mommy. The angel was crooked and B was crying because he wanted to do it! We passed him up to Uncle Chuck and convinced him to let go so he could replace the angel. She now sits serenely in her special place. Where was cousin William you ask? He was sitting propped up on the couch laughing at all of this.
I nearly forgot to tell you my scorpion story!!!
Last week I looked up into the ceiling light in the living room, and there it was! A scorpion, running around in the lamp shade. Grandma SCREAMED for Uncle Chuck, and Grandpa came running too. They tried unsuccessfully to spray it. I don't even want to know where it was before it appeared up there... Grandpa makes me wear his slippers now when I roam around at night.
Hey! It's 2:23 a.m. Yikes!! Tomorrow I pack my suitcase for the trip to Aunt Jessica's house. When I told Benjamin about my trip he cried. He says he will miss me. How I love the love of little children. Benjamin told us tonight that he liked Santa better than Jesus. So, I told him that Christmas was really a big birthday party for Jesus and we get all the presents! But, baby Jesus was our best present of all. Hugs to you!!! Grandma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Loved hearing your stories. We also loved having you here for the wedding. It was wonderful. We hope that you all had a wonderful and very merry christmas. Love to you all! Jessica
Thanks, Sweetheart,
Post a Comment